After graduating from university with a First-Class degree in Journalism, I have recently become a qualified proofreader and have received a Distinction in a Proofreading and Editing diploma.
What I offer:
Every piece of copy is different, but I am committed to giving you a unique service to ensure a high-quality end product, ensuring that you get the best service from me but also the best outcome of your own efforts.
Whether it’s a 100-word article, a 10,000-page book, your recently updated CV or your brand new website, I offer my services in both proofreading and copy-editing.
This means that I offer my services on two different levels:
• Proofreading – checking only for basic errors and inconsistencies, making sure that your copy is ready for publishing.
• Copy-editing – a more advanced edit, considering the voice, tone, and purpose of your copy, as well as the flow and format to ensure that your copy is of its best quality.
My experience is with editing:
• CVs and cover letters
However, I’m happy to look at all types of copy so if you think that I can be of service to you then please do get in contact with me below.
How will I improve your work?
• Remove grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
• Maintain the flow and readability of your copy.
• Ensure that your copy’s voice meets your audience.
• Establish a consistent format.
• Use track changes and comments to provide feedback and advice.
• Evaluate your referencing (for an additional fee).
• First-Class BA(Hons) degree in Journalism
• Distinction in a Proofreading and Editing diploma
• I have currently only had a couple of freelance jobs in proofreading, but you can read my constantly updated portfolio and my page of references for more details.
• I do, however, have much more experience in journalism and copywriting, which you can visit my blog to see more of.
• Newly qualified, I currently offer my services at a reduced fee so that I can build up my references.
• For proofreading – £7 per 1,000 words.
• For copy-editing – £10 per 1,000 words.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your copy, you can either contact me on my freelancing Facebook page or submit a query form below: