After graduating from university with a First-Class degree in Journalism, I have recently become a qualified proofreader and have received a Distinction in a Proofreading and Editing diploma.
What I offer:
So much of what we read is self-published these days, from blog posts to ebooks. If you’re looking to get your work published online, then you could need a proofreader if you have a lot of ideas but your writing needs a little tidying up.
Every piece of copy is different. I am committed to giving you a unique service to ensure that your work is free of errors, but that it also reads as best as it possibly can.
Whether it’s a 100-word article, a 10,000-page book, your recently updated CV or your brand new website, I offer my services in both proofreading and copy-editing. This means that I can either give your work a quick read through to remove all mistakes, or I can spend more time with you to make sure that you get the highest quality from your work.
What’s the difference?
• Proofreading – Checking only for basic errors and inconsistencies, making sure that your copy is ready for publishing.
• Copy-editing – A more advanced edit, considering the voice, tone, and purpose of your copy, as well as the flow and format. For this, I offer a lot of feedback and suggestions to ensure that your copy is the best it can be. I will also go through the edit as many times as required.
How will I improve your work?
• Remove all grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
• Improve the flow and readability of your copy.
• Make sure that your copy’s voice meets your target audience.
• Remove any inconsistencies and repetitions.
• Establish a consistent format.
• Use track changes and comments to provide feedback and advice for you to consider.
• First-Class BA(Hons) degree in Journalism
• Distinction in a Proofreading and Editing diploma
As a freelancer, most of my experience is with:
• Essays, dissertations and theses
• CVs and cover letters
• Children’s fiction
I currently work with an Austrian book publisher, Little Light Studios, editing children’s short stories for their newly developed app, Bedtime Stories.
However, I am happy to look at all types of copy.
If you think that I can be of any service to you, then please get in contact with me below.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your copy, you can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact me on my freelancing Facebook page or submit a query form below: