College of Media and Publishing, Proofreading and Editing, 2015
University College Falmouth, BA(Hons) Journalism, 2009 – 2012
Magnus Church of England Sixth Form, 2007 – 2009
Magnus Church of England Secondary School, 2002 – 2007
First Class BA(Hons) Journalism
A2 Level – Religious Studies – B
A2 Level – English Literature – C
A2 Level – Art – D
A2 Level – Design – D
GCSE – Religious Studies – A*
GCSE – Graphic Design – A
GCSE – Geography – A
GCSE – Art – B
GCSE – English Literature – B
GCSE – English Language – B
GCSE – Russian – B
GCSE – Science – CC
GCSE – Maths – C
Customer Assistant (July 2014 – Current)
Duties: I work on the process team maintaining constantly accurate stock levels around the shop, ensuring that all gaps are filled and that the warehouse is organised.
Asda, Penryn, Cornwall
Customer Assistant (May 2012 – January 2014)
Duties: I took responsibility for two aisles in the store, stocking the shelves, keeping standards high, and maintaining accurate stock levels.
Stranger Collective, Penryn, Cornwall,
Content Uploading (May 2011 – March 2013)
Duties: I worked with Stranger once a month to upload and schedule content on to Coca Cola’s Live Positively Collective website using the WCMS Movable Type.
Marks and Spencer, Newark, Nottinghamshire,
Customer Assistant (September 2006 – August 2009)
Duties: Basic customer assistant responsibilities such as working deliveries and on the checkouts.
Stranger Collective, Penryn, Cornwall
Copy Writing Agency (Two weeks in May 2011)
Duties: I wrote for a variety of Stranger’s clients including features for Coca Cola’s Live Positively Collective, band profiles and newsletters for Port Eliot Festival, web pages for The Cornish Mining World Heritage website, research and copy for a Cornwall’s Beach Retreats, as well as writing book reviews, transcribing interviews, doing competitor research, editing copy, and researching article ideas.
Newark Advertiser, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Newspaper, Reporter (One week in July 2010)
Duties: At my desk I wrote up news stories that had already been prepared for me, researching the subject and attaining quotes when needed, but I spent most of my time outside of the office, visiting local schools and companies alongside a photographer to report my own stories. I had a series of articles published in the newspaper over the course of three weeks.
Lovers Lane Primary School, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Teaching Assistant (One week in May 2005)
Duties: I looked after children between the ages of 5 and 11, helping them with their work, reading, and spelling. I also taught a short maths lesson to Year 6.
As well as writing articles about film, TV, and literature for my own website as often as I can, I have contributed to a number of websites, including:
– Lost In The Multiplex
– Virgin Media Shorts
– MTV Sticky
– 11 Word Review
– I have also written a selection of film homepages published on Total Film
– I helped run my course website, Front Page Falmouth, as Social Media Manager, and ran our course blog, Falmouth Navigator.
– Passed Teeline shorthand at 50 words per minute.
– I was a Level 2 Mentor and Student Ambassador at UCF.
– Good working knowledge of most Microsoft Office programmes.
– Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
– Good working knowledge of computers, the internet and HTML/CSS editing.
– Good understanding of most social media platforms and of the social media managing program, HootSuite.
– I’m a quick learner and find it easy to adapt to changes and new ways of working.
– I have a flexible writing style and enjoy writing for different audiences, and have experience of writing for various purposes and intents.
– I have excellent organisation and time-keeping skills.