After graduating from university with a First-Class degree in Journalism, I have recently become a qualified proofreader and have received a Distinction in a Proofreading and Editing diploma.
What I offer:
So much of what we read is self-published these days, from blog posts to ebooks. If you’re looking to get your work published online, then you could need a proofreader, especially if you have a lot of great ideas but your writing needs a little tidying up.
Every piece of copy is different. I am committed to giving you a unique service to ensure that your work is free of errors, but that it also reads as best as it possibly can.
Whether it’s a 100-word article, a 10,000-page book, your recently updated CV or your brand new website, I offer my services in both proofreading and copy-editing. This means that I can either give your work a quick read through to remove all mistakes, or I can spend more time with you to make sure that you get the highest quality from your work.
What’s the difference?
• Proofreading – Checking only for basic errors and inconsistencies, making sure that your copy is ready for publishing.
• Copy-editing – A more advanced edit, considering the voice, tone, and purpose of your copy, as well as the flow and format. For this, I offer a lot of feedback and suggestions to ensure that your copy is the best it can be. I will also go through the edit as many times as required.
• View my pricing to read more about the different levels of editing that I provide.
How will I improve your work?
• Remove all grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
• Improve the flow and readability of your copy.
• Make sure that your copy’s voice meets your target audience.
• Remove any inconsistencies and repetitions.
• Establish a consistent format.
• Use track changes and comments to provide feedback and advice for you to consider.
• First-Class BA(Hons) degree in Journalism
• A Distinction in a Proofreading and Editing diploma
As a freelancer, most of my experience is with:
• Essays, dissertations and theses
• CVs and cover letters
• Business-related documents
The clients I currently work with include:
• Little Light Studios, an Austrian book publisher, editing children’s short stories for their newly developed app, Bedtime Stories.
• A HR company, editing business-related documents including contracts and agreements.
• A writer, editing their 80,000-word biographical book and helping shape their story to get it ready for publication.
However, I am happy to look at all types of copy so if you think that I can be of any service to you, please get in contact with me below.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your copy, you can email me at: email@example.com
You can also contact me on my freelancing Facebook page or submit a query form below: