Name: Charlotte Emily Derry
Date of Birth: 05/04/1991
Hometown: Newark, Nottinghamshire.
Currently based: Falmouth, Cornwall.
(Please email me for further information)
University College Falmouth, BA(Hons) Journalism, 2009-2012.
Magnus Church of England Secondary School and Sixth Form, 2002-2009.
First Class BA(Hons) Journalism
A2 Level – Religious Studies – B
A2 Level – English Literature – C
A2 Level – Art – D
A2 Level – Design – D
GCSE – Religious Studies – A*
GCSE – Graphic Design – A
GCSE – Geography – A
GCSE – Art – B
GCSE – English Literature – B
GCSE – English Language – B
GCSE – Russian – B
GCSE – Science – CC
GCSE – Maths – C
Asda, Penryn, Cornwall
May 2012 – Present
Marks and Spencer, Newark, Nottinghamshire
September 2006 – August 2009
Stranger Collective, Penryn, Cornwall
Copy Writing Agency
(Stranger have since asked me to return on a number of occasions for paid work).
Newark Advertiser, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Lovers Lane Primary School, Newark, Nottinghamshire
- Passed Teeline shorthand with 50 words per minute.
- My blog – http://www.charliederry.com – which averages at 100 views per day
- I helped create/write for/edit an arts journal named “Dais.”
- I helped run a university website, Front Page Falmouth, as Social Media Manager.
- I have co-created an online film publication titled In Retrospect.
- UCF’s student newspaper, Flex, and their online film magazine, Rushes.
- The National Student, an independent publication for students in the UK.
- A number of film websites, including Lost In The Multiplex, BritScene, and HeyUGuys.
- MTV’s new youth culture website, MTV Sticky.
- I also have a selection of film homepages published on Total Film.
- I was a Level 2 Mentor and Student Ambassador at UCF.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Good working knowledge of computers, the internet and HTML/CSS editing.
- Good working knowledge of “Hootsuite”, a social media managing program.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.